Your personal data is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you. We are ACTIVATE and the data protection statement sets out how we’ll use your personal data.
The types of data we collect and use
Whether or not you become a customer, we’ll use your personal data for the reasons set out below, and if you become a customer we’ll use this data to manage your account. We’ll collect most of this directly during the application journey. The sources of personal data we use may include:
- Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. home/business address and address history, email address/es, home, business and mobile telephone numbers).
- Records of products you’ve purchased.
Providing your personal data
We’ll tell you if providing some personal data is optional, including if we ask for your consent to process it. In all other cases you must provide your personal data so we can create an account for you (unless you’re a customer and we already hold your details).
Using your personal data – the legal basis and purpose.
We’ll process your personal data:
1. As necessary to perform our contract with you for the relevant account, product or service:
a. To manage and perform that contract
b. To update our records; and
c. To trace your whereabouts to contact you about your account.
2. As necessary for our own legitimate interests:
a. For market research analysis and developing statistics; and
c. To send you marketing communications, including automated decision making relating to this.
3. As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, e.g.:
a. When you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests; and
b. For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and related disclosures;
4. Based on your consent, e.g. to send you marketing communications.
You’re free at any time to change your mind and withdraw your consent. The consequence might be that we can’t do certain things for you.
Sharing of your personal data
Subject to applicable data protection law, we may share your personal data with:
- Subcontractors and other persons who help us provide our products and services;
- Companies and other persons providing services to us;
- Our legal and other professional advisors, including auditors;
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements;
- When we restructure or sell our business or its assets or have a merger or re-organisation;
- Market research organisations who help to improve our products or services;
- Payment systems; and
- Anyone else where we have your consent or where it is required.
Your marketing preferences
We’ll use your business/home address, phone numbers, email address and social media (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google and message facilities in other platforms), to contact you according to your preference. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by contacting us – simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have previously told us that you don’t want information on other products and services or to be included in market research, we will continue to respect your wishes.
Criteria used to determine retention periods (whether or not you become a customer)
The following criteria are used to determine data retention period for your personal data:
- Retention in case of queries. We’ll retain your personal data as long as necessary to deal with your queries and account.
Your rights under applicable data protection law
Your rights are as follows (please note that these rights do not apply in all circumstances and that data portability is only relevant from May 2018):
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data corrected if its inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased (i.e. the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data (“data portability”); and
- Rights to relation to automated decision making including profiling.
Credit Card Security
Credit Card details are only required during a purchase from our website. The details are collected on Authipay’s secure site and only used for processing by Authipay. We do not see or store your credit card details on our website. We use Authipay to verify your credit card billing information, in order to ensure that the user is the person identified on the credit card and to insure against fraud.
Use of ‘Cookies’
Our cookies do not contain any personal information about you and are used only to determine your browser and user preferences for our site. We believe that this can greatly assist us in providing you with the service that you desire and to enhance your browsing experience. However, if you prefer, your browser software should enable you not to accept cookies. You should still be able to use our site without cookies enabled.